Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Guests of a different culture

I have been living in my new house for a little over 2 months now. It has been a great blessing in many many ways. Every Wed. there are about 15-30 Thai students that come for "cell group" and almost every week-end 1 or more of my Thai friends come and stay the night. It has been a busy place. I even had some American friends come and stay for a few days. All of these guests are welcome and I love having them!

Unfortunately my house also has some unwelcomed guests. If I have never written this before can I just say that everything seems to come in much larger forms here in Thailand. For examples--roaches. The roaches are huge in this country. I have one that has decided to move into my home and I am scared to kill him because he is so big! The most recent unwelcomed guest is a rat (or maybe 2 or 3). I have actually only seen him 3 times but I know he is around because he leaves evidence. I have been trying to figure out how I am going to kill him. I have been given many suggestions but most of them I just can't do. The most ideal way would be for me to put out poison and he eats it and then he goes outside and dies. Doesn't that sound like the perfect plan??? I am afraid it won't be that easy.

If anyone has a great "American" way to kill a rat please let me know. I am up for any suggestions. I do have some workers coming tomorrow to close holes and such and maybe that will solve the problem and I won't have to kill him at all--we will see.

Living in a different culture has many surprises--some good and some not so good but it is just life!

No comments: