Friday, May 14, 2010

Great News amongst Difficult Times

This past week I received some great news-a major answer to prayer! I get to stay an extra year in Thailand! I am so excited and know that it came from God. I had asked for a one year extension quite a while back and was told that it just wasn't possible but that I could stay 3 extra months. I was happy that at least they would give me 3 extra months and knew at that time my tentative departure time would be January 2011 and wondered what the next step would be. Just this past week my supervisor called me with the news that I would now be able to stay an extra year. It was a big surprise for me but I know God already knew the plan He had for me.
I feel like the work has just gotten started in many ways and am so excited that I get to stay here longer to see it blossom!

I am sure many of you have also seen the news reports about the violence here in Bangkok. I am thankful to be living far enough away from most of it. Please continue to pray for peace in Thailand.

No comments: