Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Crazy Life!!

Almost one month later and I am finally going to make a new blog post. I need to do it more often because I almost forgot my password--yikes! Things are great here in the "Land of Smiles" but extremely busy. I am working 7 days a week but most of it is lots of fun. The new term started at Sripatum University on June 14th. I am on the campus every day Monday- Friday along with 14 American students that we have joining our work for the summer months. We also have 5 American students working at the BSC (Baptist Student Center). That makes 19 American students total!!

One thing I realized when the American students arrived is that I am a little bit Thai now :) I am not used to people speaking really loud and asking questions every 2 minutes such as: (Where are we going, How much is it, What are we doing now, Is there a reason why we are standing here, etc, etc, etc,) I am exhausted at the end of the day after attempting to translate either Thai into English or English into Thai. In the past I always had a plan for almost everything but since living in Thailand I have realized that PLANS don't work with Thai people. I am learning daily that when you enter another culture you have to adapt to the way life works for them.

I have met so many new students at SPU this past month that I couldn't match up all of the faces with names. We went on a "Field trip" last Saturday to Ayutthaya (the ancient city) and we had about 51 Thai people go on the trip. God is at work and it is exciting. I will include some pictures in the next post.

I will try to be better to update again soon.

No comments: