Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Birthday :)

Wow- why do the years pass by so quickly??? I have spent several birthdays in several different countries. This is my 2nd b-day in Thailand :) I feel very blessed to be here and know that I am right where God wants me to be for such a time as this.

The birthday celebrations started on Sunday Aug. 22nd. I invited many students from Sripatum University, the Baptist Student Center, and people from church. I helped to cook no-baked cookies, rice, and fried chicken (using my grandma's recipe) for the party. It is Thai tradition that the person who has the birthday buys the dinner--not a tradition that I like but I am willing to take part in it. Some of my Thai friends helped to cook the cookies and chicken at church. My friend Jill cooked 2 cakes and brought ice cream also. The food was delicious. There were about 50 or more people.

The 2nd day of celebrations were on Monday Aug. 23rd. I worked at SPU during the day like normal but in the evening I went with 8 friends for a special dinner at "Greyhound Cafe". It is a nice restaurant that serves a variety of different kinds of food. We then ate some cookies and all 8 of us shared a piece of cake that they bought me for my b-day.

Today on my actual birthday I worked all day at SPU and then I went to dinner with my friend Ning. We ate Thai food at a new restaurant that we just found. It was delicous and cheap! Ning also bought cake so we had some cake after eating dinner.

I've definitely had enough cake to last me for a while! Now I need to exercise! I feel very blessed and thank God for a wonderful 35 years!

No comments: