Monday, November 8, 2010

Not by chance by divine appointment!

(Pimjaay is the lady in the middle of the photo in the black dress)

The world was not created by chance it was created by Divine appointment by the Almighty Creator (God). God has a purpose and reason for everything He created. I truly believe that everyone that God has put into my life has been by His divine appointment. I don't meet people by chance because I know God has a purpose in everything He does.


I could write about so many stories of how God crossed my path with someone but I am going to share the most recent one that happened today. First we have to go back almost 2 years ago when I first arrived in Thailand. Almost 2 years ago I was studying Thai at ULS (Union Language School). At that time I considered the students who I studied Thai with and the teachers who were Buddhist to be my present ministry. Several of the teachers really stuck out to me and one of them was a young lady named Pimjaay. She was not my teacher but she was young and I got to know her. I was able to be tutored by her for a few weeks at the end of my language training and remember talking to her about the Lord. She seemed open to hear but I never really got to share more with her.


When I left language school I felt a burden for Pimjaay and put her on my prayer list. I prayed for her daily and knew that lots of missionaries would continue to go through language school there and that others would also share the Good News with her. I have gone back to visit ULS a few times here and there and invited her to my church Christmas service last year but she never came. I have not forgotten Pimjaay but my focus has been the University so I haven't been able to keep in contact with her much except for facebook from time to time.


Tonight that door reopened by God's design. I help P'Pom (my Thai friend) teach English at the BSC (Baptist Student Center) on Monday nights. I teach from 5:00-5:30 and then just hang out downstairs in the cafeteria area until P'Pom is finished at 6:30. Tonight I was walking around and I ran into Pimjaay. She is studying English at the BSC on Monday nights from 5:00-6:30. She seemed just as happy to see me as I was to see her. I asked her if she had eaten dinner and she said no so I invited her to eat with me in the cafeteria. I had actually already eaten but I was willing to order and eat again if it meant some fellowship with Pimjaay. P'Pom also joined us after she finished teaching. We ate and talked for about 45 minutes. We will plan to meet every Monday night to eat together.


I praise God for crossing our paths again. God has a purpose in everything He does and it was not by chance that I saw her tonight it was by divine appointment! I love divine appointments! Thank you God!!

No comments: