Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Flood waters Remain

My home is still flood free but so many Thai people are still suffering with flood waters after almost a month. The water appears to be receding in many areas which is a good sign but they are still predicting 2 weeks to a month to get rid of all of it. I have been able to help in a few ways but I wish I knew what to do so that I could do more to help people.

Once the water leaves the clean up process will be a large task so I'm hoping to be able to help many people clean their homes and move back the things that are still salvageable. I feel like that is something that I can do to help people in the recovering process.

Although my home doesn't have any flood water my daily life is affected in many ways by this flood. Here are a list of a few of them

*There is a water and food shortage at all of the stores. It's weird when you walk in a store and half of the shelves are empty and all of the normal things you look for aren't there.

*The Universities still reamain closed and are likely to stay closed until December. This limits my work during the day time. I'm trying to keep busy and make the most of each day.

*I can't go to some of the places that I often go because of the flood waters.

My list has just a few minor ways that the flood is affecting me but really my heart breaks for the people that have lost everything and just want to go home and start over but still have to wait for the water to leave so that can happen.

Please pray for the people in Thailand. I know God has a great plan for everything that happens.

No comments: