Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Don't wear red or yellow and it is mango and sticky rice time!

My title might confuse some of you because it involves 2 totally different topics.

Topic #1- Don't wear red or yellow!!!

That is a serious statement. There are 2 major parties known here as the "red shirts" and "yellow shirts". The red shirts are the ones that are currently protesting the government and wanting a change (Thaksin Supporters). The yellow shirts are the ones that protested a few years ago and took over both of the major airports in Bangkok in order to get rid of the prime minister at the time (Thaksin). I am even scared to answer the question "What is your favorite color" honestly because my favorite color is red. I will not be wearing either of these colors anytime soon just to be safe.

Topic #2- It is mango and sticky rice time!!
Mango is now in season--yippee! one of the most delicious Thai desserts is Mango and sticky rice with a wonderful coconut milk sauce to pour over it. I could eat it every day but the problem is that it is very fattening!! I will try to limit myself to 1 time a week!

I am finally going back to the University tomorrow!! It has been closed for the past 2 days due to the protests. I am ready to work again!

No comments: