Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sprained ankles are not fun in Bangkok :(

Exactly 1 week ago (on a Sunday afternoon) I sprained my ankle playing soccer. I was actually going for the ball and started to fall and my ankle twisted and then a Thai guy, who was also running after the same ball, stepped right on my ankle as it was turning. It was very very painful! I actually thought it was broken at first but I went to the doctor and it was x-rayed and it was only a bad sprain.

I had to take it easy this week and stayed at home a lot which is not fun. It wasn't easy getting around this big city with a bad ankle. I am thankful though that it has been 1 week and it is healing quite well. I will take it easy though for a while.

I love that I get plenty of walking in every day just getting around the city. It makes me feel like I get plenty of exercise without going to the gym or running. However, this past week my thoughts were different. I kept looking ahead and saying--wow the bus stop seems far away. This week will be much better though and I should be back to normal shortly.

No comments: