Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year for New Beginnings

2011 is here! I have now been living in Thailand for 2 full years! Wow- where did the time go? Every year seems to go by faster than the one before. It seems like just about the time I get the hang of things the time is up and it's on to the next journey in life. I am thankful that I get at least 1 more year here in Thailand (and maybe more if God leads).

As the New Year (2011) arrives so do new beginnings. I am excited to see what God has in store. There are several new beginnings that will start for me next week. One of them is that I will be teaching a Bible/English class on Thursday nights at the BSC (Baptist Student Center). I have taught many English classes before but this class is a BIBLE/English class so I get to teach the Word of God which is what I came here to do! I will be teaching one class from 5:00-6:30 and another class from 7:00-8:30. I have no idea how many students I will have but I'm excited. Most of the students are likely to be non-christians. Some of them may even be coming just because they want to learn English but God's Word never returns void so hearts will be changed for sure.

The other new beginning is that I will begin targeting another University here in Bangkok. For the past 2 years I have been doing the majority of my work at SPU (Sripatum University). There has been some fruit from that work and I will continue to target SPU, but only 2 days a week now. Another missionary young guy (Eric) and Thai friend P'Pom will continue to target SPU 5 days a week.

I will enter new territory at Chulalonghorn University. It is the number 1 University here in Thailand. It is a very prestigious school and there are many reasons why I feel lead to target here. I will not explain them now though. I already have a few contacts at Chula but will basically be starting a whole new work. I am a little nervous but mostly excited! I am praying for God to open a door for me to have a connection to work in some department at the University. I will only be going there 2 days a week so I just want to offer free tutoring services or something that will give me an identity on the campus.

I am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for 2011! Happy New Year to all and may you all be blessed with some new beginnings this year.

No comments: