Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Accountability in 2011

February is here and we are now 1 month into 2011. I want to take a few minutes to reflect on the past month to see if anything is different and if I am sticking to my goals. Everyone needs goals and we also need accountability. It helps us to stay on the course that was set before us and it also helps us to strive to reach something.

There are lots of things that are different this year. I am now spending 2 days a week at Chulalongkorn Univeristy and 2 days a week at Sripatum University and also teaching an English/Bible class at the BSC. I started this a little bit in 2010 but am now in the official routine.
CHULA NEWS
* I now have 1 lady who works at Chula meeting me every Wednesday from 11:00-12:00 (during her lunch time) to study English. I decided I would use the Chronological Bible storying (starting with the story of Jesus birth) for teaching her English. Today (Febuary 2nd) we studied story 90 & 91 which was about Jesus being born and many coming to worship Him. She really enjoyed the stories and is excited to study story 92 next week. I am praying for her eyes to be opened as we read these stories each week and also that others who are around us may have an interest to join our study. We meet in an open area in a canteen. There are many others students and workers all around us.
*I also have a new student contact at Chula named Oon. We have met 1 time at Chula and plan to meet each week.
BSC NEWS
*I've had 2 students each week for my Bible/English class. 1 of them is a new Christian and the other is not a Christian. I would really like to have more students for this free class. I am praying for God to show me new ways to advertise/recruit for this class.
*I am at the BSC on Wed, Thurs, and Friday evenings. I am averaging about 5-10 new contacts a week within those 3 nights. I really need wisdom on following up with them and trying to get them to come to something at church.


This is getting long so I will close for now. So far in 2011 things are looking up but lots more work is required to improve these ministries.

No comments: