Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Is it May already?????

Ever since arriving in Thailand 4 months ago the one thing that has never changed is that the time passes by really quickly! I feel like a month is just beginning and the next thing I know it is over and the next month is here. A lot has been accomplished in the past 4 months but in some ways the time has gone by a little too fast! Time passing by also brings about changes. It means that some things that you have grown to love and have done routinely are coming to an end but the exciting part is that it means new things are beginning!

I only have 2 more weeks of language and I will be finished with school. I am actually really sad because I like going to school and learning Thai and there is so much that I need to learn. I have really developed some great relationships with the teachers and some of my classmates that it will be really hard for me to say "good-bye". Hopefully in the future I will either be able to go back to school or get a tutor because I still need a lot of help with my Thai!

The new beginning though is that my summer work with university students will start in June and I am really excited. There are univ. students coming from America to work with the Univ. students here in Bangkok for 8 weeks. It will be a very busy but fun summer. Hopefully being around Thai students all summer will help my speaking to improve since I won't be in school.

I keep reminding myself that change is good and as time passes by lots of changes will continue to happen. I look forward to seeing what changes God has in store for me here!

No comments: