Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Service

Puy and Me (Puy is not a believer. She graduated from SPU this last semester. This is her 2nd Christmas to come to Canaan.) She has heard the Good News but has not responded yet. These are 2 students from the class that I help to teach on Monday nights at the BSC. This is the first time they have been to church and heard the story.
Ham, Nice, Puy (back) me, Piaw, and Ann (front) Ham and Puy non believers from SPU. I have discipled Piaw, Ann and Nice. All 3 have been baptized and are growing in their walk with God.


Pimjaay's friend, me and Pimjaay. First time for both of them to come to church and hear the Good News!


I am a little late to post about our Christmas service last Sunday (19th). It was a great service. There were about 70+ people that came which is pretty good for a small church that averages about 20-30 people on a weekly basis. There were at least 25 or more non-believers that came and several of them came to church for the first time!

I was a little sad because most of the University students that I invited could not come because they had mid-term exams on that day and the next day. Since Sunday is not a religious day here they have classes and exams on Sunday just like any other day of the week. I was really sad about that but God has a purpose in everything.
I was excited though because Pimjaay (a Thai teacher at ULS) came and she brought a friend. Pimjaay was one of my Thai teachers from almost 2 years ago. I love how God has brought her back into my life through the BSC.

It was a great day of celebrating Christmas together all day long like a big family! God is so good!

The next big outreach will be this Saturday (25th) at my supervisor's house. Students are available to come to this one so we are expecing even more people than at church.

No comments: