Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Piaw's Story


This is Piaw. She is currently a student at Ramkhampaeng University here in Bangkok. Her story goes back before I ever thought about coming to Thailand. Piaw originally studied at a different University that had a summer ministry team. That was one of the Universities at the time along with SPU (where I am at now) that had American students there as a part of a summer team ministry. So, 3 summers ago Piaw became a Christian. After that she came to church from time to time but was never really discipled. My first year in Bangkok (2009-2010) she was coming to Canaan every once in a while so I really didn't know her very well. When I did see her I tried to get to know her more but the relationship was very surface level. One night God just put it on my heart to talk to her on facebook chat. I began asking her a few questions and asked her if she was involved in a Bible study group/cell group at the time and her answer was no. Then I asked her if she wanted to study the Bible and she said yes! That was in August (2010). Our first Bible study together was august 24th (which is my birthday). We have been meeting almost every week since then. I have seen God do some amazing things in her life. He is transforming her. Getting baptized was just one step in the growth. She has now been faithful at having her Quiet Time with God every day for 3 weeks straight! We continue to meet every week to study the Bible together. God is so good and His plan is perfect! Sometimes all we have to do is ask!

1 comment:

Dana Brown Ritter said...

Love how God uses Facebook, so cool! And, wow, what a Birthday present! Thanks for sharing Piaw's story, Ann.