Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Precious Picture

Yesterday was such an amazing day but it was also a tiring day. I was exhausted to wake up this morning and go to Sripatum but I had an appointment to study the Bible with Piaw (one of the girls who was baptized Monday) so I needed to get up and get going.

As I was walking into the University one of the students named Manow was calling me to meet up at the cold canteen (cafeteria). Manow always eats lunch with Piaw and me on Tuesday and she knows that we study the Bible in the afternoon. Manow actually went to camp this past summer so she has heard a lot of the Gospel. She doesn't show a strong desire to know more about the Bible but she does want to hang out with me so we will take that approach for now.

Anyway, let me get to the point where the title comes from--I was sitting at a table with Manow, Piaw, Oma, Aof, and Eric. We all ate lunch and talked. I was talking to Manow for a while about different things and I looked up and Aof, oma, and Piaw all had their Bibles open and were reading something together. What a precious picture. All 3 of them were baptized Monday showing their profession of faith and now they are at the Univ. campus reading their Bibles for the whole world to see!!! It is so exciting!! What a great witness to Manow and others sitting around.

Later in the afternoon I had a great Bible study with Piaw. I feel very blessed to be here and to be able to study God's Word with these new believers!

No comments: