Wednesday, December 15, 2010

P'Jib's story

Jill and P'Jib. Jill disciples P'Jib every Sunday afternoon from 1:00-2:30
P'Jib listening to the explanation of why we are baptized at the beach.
First I will explain why I wrote P'-- in Thailand if someone is older than you you should address them by saying P' and then their name. It is polite. At first I didn't like students and younger people calling me P'Ann but now I love it because it makes me Thai or at least almost Thai.
P'Jib has an exciting story too. She started coming to Canaan church years ago because her daughter (who is now in her late 20's) became a believer and would bring her mom to church with her. P'Jib came only to church when her daughter was in town. her daughter is a travel guide and is out of town a lot. P'Jib was not a believer at the time but she came whenever her daughter came. P'Jib had a lot of questions and began studying the Bible with Jill and became a Christian. Af first, she still only came to church when her daughter was in town because she lives far from church and doesn't know how to travel alone using the bus system.
Then one Sunday P'Jib appeared at church about 11:00 alone. She had taken the journey by bus alone. Now she comes faithfully every Sunday and most of the time alone. She even took the trip to the beach with us to be baptized and showed up at the church at 6:00 a.m. for the trip (alone). Another aspect of this story that just touches my heart is that P'Jib only has up to a high school education. She doesn't read well and is very slow to absorb things but she has been memorizing scripture every week! I am so excited for how God is working in her life and am touched by her faithfulness despite all of the obstacles she has to overcome.
She is a precious lady and I love telling her story because it touches my heart. 2 stories down 9 more to go.

No comments: