Sunday, March 13, 2011

I wonder why

I am sitting in my apartment on a Sunday evening (8:45 p.m.) eating mango and sticky rice (absolutely delicious Thai fruit and dessert) and thinking about the many Japanese people that are going through pure devastation. Natural disasters amaze me with their great power to destroy everything in their path. Not too many years ago Thailand was cleaning up the mess from a tsunami that struck without warning.

My heart breaks for these people as they look around for loved ones wondering if they are still alive. All I can do is pray for them and pray for the missionaries that are serving in Japan that they can use this disaster to draw people to the Lord.

Sometimes it takes big things like this to happen in the world to wake us up and realize how thankful we should be for what we have every day. I am very thankful and will continue to pray for those who are without in Japan during this very difficult time.

No comments: