Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday Night Bible/English Class

I have a huge praise to share with everyone. Tonight I had 13 people for my English/Bible class! I definitely wasn't expecting that many students so I ran out of Bibles quickly and had to find more fast. This is a great problem to have and it was solved quickly. Tonight at 5:00 I started the first class. At first there were 6 new students. I started with the first Bible story about Jesus birth. By 6:00 I had 13 students total in the class. 5 of them had studied this lesson before last term but didn't seem to mind learning again.

A little before 7:00 I finished and 9 of the students left. 4 of my students from last term stayed and we studied the lesson about Lazarus being resurrected. Although I was super excited to have 13 people tonight my favorite part of the night was from 7:00-8:30 when I had the 4 students that I studied with all last term. It was my favorite part for many reasons. I started on story 90 with them last term and we are now on story 98. It is almost like a little Bible study and we all know each other well so it is very comfortable. They ask a lot of questions and interact throughout the story. They also remember everything we have learned before. The other really meaningful part about this group is that all 4 of them come on Thursday nights just to study in this class. Most of the time the people who study this free class come before or after their English paid class that they study at the BSC.

I learned 2 things from tonight. 1. THINK BIG and expect GOD to do great things because HE will and HE did! 2. Continue to be faithful in investing in something because one day in God's timing fruit will produce.

The first Bible/English class I taught on January 13th had 1 person and my 8th Bible/English class taught tonight (March 10th) had 13 people. It produced quickly in this situation :)

No comments: