Thursday, March 24, 2011

Looking for "Abnormal People"

Last week I went to Chiang Mai (Northern Thailand) for our yearly meeting with my missions organization. I was refreshed and challenged in many ways. I was refreshed because I got to sing PRAISE songs in my heart language all week and I got to listen to preaching in my heart language. I also got to fellowship with other M's that share the same heart and vision for the Thai people. It was a week full of blessing after blessing and I felt refreshed.

I was also challenged in many ways. The one that stands out the most is looking for abnormal people. I am sure many things come to your mind when you hear this statement but it really just means I am looking for a Thai person that is not following the normal standards. The normal Thai Buddhist has to hear the Gospel almost 20 or more times to even believe anything it says. The normal Thai person usually studies the Bible for almost 1-2 years before becoming a Christian. This is the normal Thai person but I am looking for the abnormal Thai person. The Thai person who hears the Gospel only 1 or 2 times and believes. They are out there and how do I find them???? I have to share the Gospel with a lot of people every week to find them so I guess I better get busy!

Don't worry. I am still sharing with the normal Thai people who take a long time to hear and accept. I haven't given up on them but I also want to be more prayerfully and diligently looking for those whom the Holy Spirit is working on their heart right now. I think sometimes I miss them because I am only looking for and expecting everyone to be the normal Thai person.

Just 2 weeks ago God gave me an abnormal person. Her name is Belle. She is a student at Sripatum University. She knows Aajaan Lek and I believe Aajaan Lek has shared a little bit of what she knows of the Gospel with her. 2 weeks ago Jill and I were meeting with A. Lek to study the Bible and Belle came with her. Jill and I decided to change the lesson to share with Belle about salvation. Belle listened intently and after we shared everything she said yes she wanted to accept that Gift and ask Jesus into her heart. This is the first time Jill and I had met Belle and shared the Gospel with her and she accepted. There are people out there and in this situation God brought her to us but we also have to be willing to go out and share boldly.

I am refreshed and challenged to continue the work that God sent me here to do!

No comments: