Monday, March 28, 2011

A New Believer :)

March 27, 2011 Champ becomes a believer. March 26 2011, Pizza Party- Champ and his friends from SPU. Back row Oom, Champ, It Front row Me, Twang, Way, Aeuy
February 5 Brownie Party
December 25 Singing Christmas songs at Owens' house
November 20th- Christian Concert at Central World

Me, Aeuy, Champ, Twang

Anytime a person chooses to become a believer in Jesus Christ my heart is filled with joy. It is an extra special filling of joy when I see a Thai person become a believer. Yesterday I had an extra extra special filling of joy when Champ (freshman at SPU) became a believer. I met Champ back in September 2010. He was a friend of one of the students that I know well (Twang).


Champ was first exposed to the Gospel when he came to a Christian concert that I invited him to at Central World in November. He came with 2 other friends (Twang and Aeuy). I remember Champ telling me during the concert how much he loved the Thai Christian songs and that the songs gave him goosebumps. He told me he was interested in knowing more about God so a few days later I gave him a book that explained more about God.


The 2nd time Champ was exposed to the Gospel was when he came to a Christmas party at my supervisor's house. That night we ate lots of food, sang some Christmas songs, and Tim told the story of Christmas in Thai. I remember Champ telling me again that night that he had goosebumps as he listened to the story and he also got some tears in his eyes. I knew the Holy Spirit was working on Champ.


The 3rd time Champ was exposed to the Gospel was when he came to Canaan (my church) for a Brownie party in February. We mainly played games that night, sang some Christian songs, and fellowshipped together. It was his first time coming to Canaan.


The 4th time was this past Saturday (March 26) when he came to Canaan for the pizza party. We played games, sang Christian songs, and one Thai Christian girl shared her testimony. Champs heart was broken by what he heard and he told me that night that he would come to church the next day because he wanted to know more about God!


Sunday March 27th 2011 Champ showed up at Canaan around 1:00 in time for the Bible study (1:00-2:30). He was in the study with a group of guys. After the study was finished my supervisor Tim (who speaks perfect Thai) shared with Champ the complete plan of Salvation and Champ Prayed!


I am so excited for Champ. I wish so much that I could speak fluent Thai so I could have been the one to Lead him to the Lord but you know it's not about me. i feel so blessed to see fruit of seeds that have been planted since September.


I can't wait to see how God is going to use Champ to reach his friends!!!

No comments: