Saturday, April 4, 2009

An "American" lunch











I have been planning for weeks who to invite and what to make for what I titled an "american" lunch. I wanted to invite people that I know from all different places--church, language school, Friday night life, and Sripatum Universtiy. The list got fairly lengthy and I think I probably invited around 20 people or so. Several of them were busy for a variety of different reasons so it ended up being 10 that came today.

My second dilemma was what should I make. My mom, sister, and Dana all sent some recipes for different things. Yesterday I headed to the grocery store at the end of my street and decided that I would make chicken 2 different ways, homemade macaroni-n-cheese- and potato salad. I marinated and baked some of the chicken and I made fried chicken using my grandmother's recipe. I made chocolate chip cheesecake brownies for dessert. That recipe came from a lady that I taught with in Virginia. I had never made potato salad before so I was a little nervous about it but all of it turned out great. My Thai friends loved it all! I did have some spicy sauce for them to add to things because they like things spicy here. I even bought tabasco sauce and yes they put a little of that on everything too:) I think their favorite thing was the potato salad so I guess my first time was a hit:)

Here are some pictures from the event. It was a great time with friends here. I feel very blessed.










No comments: