Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Life is just sometimes hard!

I am sure many of you would say "amen" to my title. Lately things just seem hard. I moved into a new apartment a little over a week ago and my new friends here are ants. It could definitely be worse but I have to admit I am tired of seeing ants everywhere!! I bought spray but it only kills them for the moment and others always come back. It is a minor inconvenience but sometimes it just gets overwhelming and i'm ready to give up fighting the battle!

Another lesson I am learning is a cultural thing that I am having a hard time adjusting to lately. One thing in Thai culture is that they never want to offend anyone so they never say "no". The problem is that they tell you "yes" but then they don't show up. Later they will apologize for not coming but they knew all along they weren't coming. It is really hard for me because when I make plans with someone I keep them. If something changes I call them and let them know but that is not the way things work here. I keep reminding myself I am in their culture so I have to adapt but some things just aren't easy.

I am thankful though that I serve a Lord who never changes!! He is the same and is always there right on time:)!! He is there when ants are climbing across my computer screen and when friends don't show up reminding me to put all my trust in Him!

No comments: