Friday, April 17, 2009

My first field trip out of Bangkok!











I finally had a chance to do a few "touristy" things outside of Bangkok today. I went with some American friends and we did it with a travel company. Of course it meant that I had to get up at 5 a.m. in order to be at the hotel and ready to go by 6:30 a.m. but it was a really fun day!

The all day tour included going to the floating market, wood carving place, elephant park, and rose garden. We went in a van and had our very own tour guide. It was quite funny though because our tour guide did not speak good English so I really didn't understand him at all.
I am going to include some pictures from the day. I bought a very Asian looking hat--try not to laugh. I did wear it today to keep the sun out because it was an extremly hot day!! However, the hat will now be used as a cool wall ornament hanging in my apartment. Enjoy the pictures--it was fun to be a "tourist" for the day and to journey out to see some of the countryside!

No comments: