Friday, March 27, 2009

Karaoke night




The weeks seem to pass by way too quickly and then I realize I haven't written in my blog all week-sorry! I thought I would post a few pictures from a get together on Thursday night with students from my language class and 2 of the teachers. Mauri (an italian man) had 11 of us from school over for dinner. He made 3 different kinds of pastas and they were all delicious! While we were waiting for him to make each dish we had a lot of free time so we sang:) He had a system through his stereo and tv and had a few english cd's and a few thai cd's. One of the teachers put all of our names in a cup and as a name got drawn they had to sing. I am thankful that my name didn't get drawn until about the 5th person! I warned them all ahead of time that I really don't sing well and that most of the songs were from before my time and that I really don't know them:) Don't worry I held the microphone far away from my mouth so really no one could hear me over the real singer:) We did have a lot of laughs as each person sang and it was a lot of fun.

I have really enjoyed being in language school for many reasons. It has become my "little" mission field for the past 2 months mainly with the students that are studying with me. However, the other night opened even more doors as I got to know the 2 teachers that came that are not believers. I haven't had either of these teachers in class but they already knew my name and I tried to talk in Thai as much as I could with them. When one of them saw me at school today during break time she came up to me and talked to me for a few minutes (in Thai of course).

Isn't God amazing how HE opens doors with people in so many different ways?? I would sing karaoke for hours if it meant that I would get a chance to build relationships with these Thai teachers who are not believers. Let's hope we find other things to do together besides sing because I really am not good at it:)

No comments: