Wednesday, March 11, 2009

No speaking English! may phuut phaasaa angrit

It is hard to believe that 3 days of class have already passed by in Module 2. I really like this class but I am confused a lot of the time. The teacher is really nice and she does not let us speak English in class . She told us that we are not allowed to ask her questions in English and we are not allowed to talk to one another in English. The teacher does a lot of acting and shows a lot of pictures which is great.

I enjoy going to class every day and usually the 4 hours fly by really quickly. I do wish though that I could follow what the teacher is saying more because sometimes I am clueless and it shows by the look on my face and the teacher will look at me and say "khaw jai"-which means do you understand and I usually have to say "may khaw jai" which means I don't understand. Other times I pretend like I know what she is saying and try to figure it out later:)

Every day is an adventure in Thai class! Don't forget that all of these words that I have written above all have different tones and it is important that you use the right one. One day I will speak good Thai and we will all be amazed:)

No comments: