Sunday, March 8, 2009

Module 2 begins

I finished Module 1 this past Thursday with my written exam. The first page was pretty easy and I could answer all of them. The 2nd page was a different story. one of the questions was what day is today. Of course I could not remember at all the day for Thursday in Thai. I could remember Monday, Tues., Wed. but it was Thursday and I needed that for my answer. I knew how to write today is (wannii wan __________ kha) but I couldn't remember the day for Thursday. I wrote down something like wantharuhan and the actual answer is "wanpharuhat". I can't type in the symbol for the tone above the letters but those had to be there too. This has to be one of the hardest languages! I also know that I made a mistake on the time part of the test. one question asked what time I went to sleep and what time I woke up. I wrote that I woke up at 6:00 a.m. which is correct (wannii dichan tuun hok moong chaaw kha). The problem came when I wrote what time I went to sleep. I accidently wrote that I went to sleep at 5:30 a.m. (muakhuunnii dichan nawn tii haa krung kha) instead of tii haa i was supposed to write "haa thum". Even time is not easy here. Well at least I passed the class and am on to Module 2 tomorrow:)

I am keeping pretty busy so I haven't been the best at updating my blog-sorry. By the way with the weather here--the oven got turned up a few degrees:) It is very very hot here and continuing to rise each week.

No comments: