Monday, March 2, 2009

Surprise--Rain! Rain! Rain!

Some of you are going to think this is quite funny. Just a few days ago I wrote about how umbrellas came in handy for the sun and that I was thinking about carrying one around just for that purpose since the rainy season is many months away. Well tonight I decided to get on the sky train and go to the end of the line to the TESCO/Lotus store (a store like wal-mart). I left my apartment a little after 6 and headed to the sky train. The night was beautiful and I got on the train. It was about a 20 minute ride on the sky train to get to the end of the line. I got off and all of a sudden this terrible wind/rain storm came. We were under a sheltered area but the wind was blowing so hard that the rain was coming at an angle and we were all trying to get out of it and within 1-2 minutes I was soaked from head to toe. I tried to get in the store as fast as I could and once I got in the store the people inside were staring at all of us coming inside because we were all so wet.

Honestly, an umbrella would not have helped me tonight. The wind was blowing so hard and the rain was coming down so hard at an angle that nothing would have helped except boots to your knees and a major rain coat. I learned a lesson tonight. I guess it doesn't wait to rain until the rainy season. It was my first introduction to chaos when a major rain storm hits. I have heard that during the rainy season the storms are bad and the streets flood all over. I will write about that when it comes. Tonight I am going to call it a night and hope for a sunny day tomorrow.

No comments: