Saturday, March 21, 2009

A true Thai movie

Today I went to the movies with a girl that I meet with on Thursdays at Sripatum University (Guitar). We decided to see a "Thai" movie that looked really cute. It was a love story. The movie was in Thai but it had English sub-titles. I got to experience the movie the way almost all people in the world experience it since almost all movies are shown in English with whatever language written in sub-titles. I had to read throughout the whole movie which makes it a little harder to watch what is happening at times. Sometimes I was watching the people and missed the script written below. I was able to pick up on many Thai words throughout the movie which was fun.

The movie was really cute. I was very impressed. Most of the movie took place here in Bangkok so lots of the scenes were familiar places to me. Other parts of the movie were filmed in the countryside and I can't wait to see that part of Thailand also because it was beautiful in the movie.

Just in case you forgot the movies are really cheap here. It cost 120 baat which is about $3.40. It was a good movie and a great opportunity for me to continue to build relationships with these university students!

No comments: