Thursday, February 5, 2009

God's Plan is Perfect

One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Jeremiah 29:11-13. I truly believe that God has the perfect plan for my life and He is revealing it to me in so many ways. I will share a few of them with you.

Today was the 1st day of official language school and I understood everything and did pretty well. It is all thanks to my wonderful tutor that has worked with me for the past 3 weeks to prepare me. There are 10 people in my class including myself. There are 3 Americans, 1 Italian, 2 Canadians, 1 from Japan, 1 from Malaysia, 1 from Philippines, and 1 from another place in SE Asia but I don't remember where. I felt really bad for several of the students today who tried to follow what the teacher was saying and tried to get the vowel sounds right and a few tones. I explained to 1 of the young ladies at break time that the only reason I was picking up on it so quickly is because I already knew it--I had been tutored. I tried to encourage her and know in about a week I am going to be in the same vote as her wondering what in the world the teacher is saying:) You may wonder why I told you this story----If you remember in America I didn't get my VISA on time and many of you were praying along with me. It was really a blessing that I didn't get it in time. If I had I would have gone straight to language school and wouldn't have gotten any tutoring. The tutoring was a great help and I felt a little confident today which is a good way to start! I expect to be lost soon but feel so blessed that the Lord knew I needed to arrive just 1 day late so I couldn't go to school that session but have a tutor for 3 weeks before going to school. I am glad He knows everything!!! You can be in prayer for the 7 others with us in class. I don't believe that any of them are Christians.

Another example is the other American couple who were in training and my small group with me in VA who are also in my language school with me. Let's call them G & D for security purposes. G & D were originally supposed to go to N. Thailand for their language where they would be living and at the last minute in early Dec. they were told they would be sent to Bangkok for 6 months of language and then sent to N. Thailand. It has been such a blessing for me to have them here. It is so great to have them in class with me. We can laugh, cry, and encourage each other daily! The journey is always a little easier with some friends:) I am thankful that they are living here for 6 months and studying language with me! WHAT A BLESSING! (Just a side note but also if I had gotten my VISA on time I would have been 1 class ahead of them so we wouldn't have been together).

God is so good and He does have a perfect plan! I am glad that He is in control and not me!!!

No comments: