Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Visit to the Grand Palace
















I debated about what I would do on my "free day". I finally decided that I would go out and explore going up the river to the Grand Palace. I was so close to it a few weeks ago when out and about with friends but we didn't make it there.




I took the sky train to the end of the line and hopped on the river taxi. I sat on the left side of the water taxi this time because when I rode the last time I only saw the right side. I rode up to the 9th stop and the Grand Palace was right there in front of me. There were still a lot of people there but it is much better than going on a Saturday.

I walked around and took quite a few pictures. They don't let you take pictures inside any of the buildings so I only have outside shots. Overall, the place is beautiful but it is filled with darkness. I only stayed a few hours because I know that every time someone comes to visit I will be taking them there so I will see it many times while I'm here. I came home and took a little nap:) The heat really gets to you after a while.




















No comments: