Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lessons learned

Life is full of so many lessons! Today was a day of learning many lessons for me. It started out with language school this morning. There are now 12 people in my class which is quite a bit for a class that is learning a new language. We have been working on letter sounds and tones for the last 3 days. We usually learn a sound or tone and have to go around the circle saying them. Most of the time she is pretty easy going but every once in a while she singles somebody out and makes them keep saying a sound until you get it right. Today was my day (and can I just say it isn't fun). We went around the circle saying the d sound-which by the way is almost the same sound that we make. She gets to me and I make it and she says "no". She made the sound then I made it and she kept saying "no". She would have other people in the class say it and then I would say it and she kept saying "no". It was so frustrating!!!! I felt like it sounded exactly like what she was saying and I didn't know how to fix it. When class time was over several people from the class told me that it sounded right to them and the same as the teacher and they weren't sure why she kept telling me "NO"! It was a very humbling experience. God reminded me today though that I am here to learn even if it's the hard way!

Tonight was much more refreshing! I had my American Bible study (BSF) on Moses. We have been reading Leviticus 25-27. Our teaching leader gave an awesome illustration tonight about how Jesus can turn around the life of anyone who turns back to HIM! Jesus restores what is lost and He repairs what is broken. Just a reminder that No matter how far you are away from God that repentance removes the gap!!

Some lessons in life are difficult and some are easy but they are all lessons to make us stronger and to put our Trust in the Lord who is our Provider!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just love reading about how God is working in your life and growing you more each and every day. So nice to hear that in these trying situations, you are quiet, and listening for Gods voice of wisdom. Keep on keepin on for Him!!
Love,
Teri