Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love in the Park-Concert







Valentine's Day is almost over here and just beginning in the U.S. In case you forgot there is a 12 hour time difference. I slept in this morning since it is Saturday and just relaxed most of the day. Around 3:30 this afternoon I set out to find a new park where some of the students that I work with were going to be involved in a concert. I couldn't believe that I found another beautiful/amazing park!! This city is full of them!!






The concert at the park was put on by the Church of Joy here in Bangkok. I have never been to the church but I have heard some great things about it. It is a Christian church that meets in a restaurant and apparently it has some very famous people that attend the church. 2 of the singers in the concert tonight are famous singers here in Thailand. One of them was a rock-n-roll star and I am not sure about the other young lady but apparently they got saved and now they sing at church for the Lord! The band is amazing and all of the singers were great. They sang some songs in English but the majority of them were in Thai but I really enjoyed it all. There were many people there tonight and the church passed out Gospel tracts and some other things to everyone who came to the concert.






It has been really neat to see how the church is using "Valentine's Day" which is known as the holiday of "love" to teach about God's love. My church (Canaan) is having a Valentine's party tomorrow. Last week we wrote on hearts about the many ways that we know of God's love and those hearts will decorate the church wall tomorrow for our many guests to see.

1 comment:

danabrown said...

That's so neat! We should talk more about God's love here in the US on Valentine's day instead of always making it about ourselves and our own meager love for each other. Something to think about. Thanks for sharing!