Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday in Thailand

Sometimes I can't think of "catchy" titles for my post as you can see. I survived my 17 days of Thai with my tutor. Today was the last time. Today I had to converse with a Thai lady and ask questions and answer the questions that she asked me. I think I did o.k. My tutor said that I did a good job. The Thai lady actually used a few words in a question today that my tutor never taught me but I knew them from the very brief study of Thai I had done in the US with the computer program (Rosetta Stone). I understood her question and answered and my tutor couldn't believe it. He wondered how I knew those words--those many lessons of Rosetta Stone that I went through and didn't think I was getting anything from paid off today!! I take joy in the small things:) Tomorrow I have the day off and then Thursday official language school begins------

Tonight I was able to attend my first BSF (Bible study fellowship) women's Bible study. It is all done in English. It was great! There were probably only a few "American women". The rest of the ladies were from the Philippines, China, etc. but they all speak good English and attend this study. We will be studying the life of Moses. Tonight our lesson was on Leviticus 16. I feel very blessed and am thankful for all the little things that the Lord has put in place to help make me stronger and more effective for the work I will do here.

I plan to venture out tomorrow on my free day but am not sure where yet so you will have to stay tuned to find out!!! Is that a good tease???? I learned it from my wonderful "news producer" Dana!

1 comment:

danabrown said...

Awww... thanks for the shout out! And BSF, is Joyce secretly there with you? Just kidding... glad you are enjoying it. I can't believe how quickly the time is passing by! I sure do miss you!!!! I finally finished my inauguration blog. I'm trying to be more faithful to blog but I've been SOOOO BUSY lately! We need to catch up!