Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day at the market and park
















I always love Saturdays! I don't have language class so I have the whole day to do whatever I want. I still got up around 8:30 and got ready for the day and took some other American friends to the Week-end market--also known as JJ park---with the correct name Chatuchak park. Last Saturday I went there with some other friends so this Saturday I got to be the tour guide:) I love showing other people some of the fun places that I have been in the city. I have written about the market in a previous entry. If you can't find it there it doesn't exsist:) This time I actually bought something! I spent around $8.00 today:) I tried my first coconut juice and it wasn't so good. It is interesting and fun but not really that tasty. We walked around for many hours looking at the different things and ate lunch there.

I ran into a Thai friend (from my church) at the market and she took us to a park across the street. It was a beautiful park. It had so many beautiful flowers, shrubs, bridges, and walkways. I will post a few pictures from the park and the market experience. It is starting to feel like home here. I was out at the market and ran into someone I knew---how is that for a city of only 12 million people:)

I am also going to post a picture of a bowl of noodles and shrimp that I ate last night for dinner while out with some people. It was the first time i tried something with noodles/soup here. The picture is funny because you will see chopsticks, a Chinese soup spoon, a regular spoon, and a fork in the bowl. I couldn't figure out how to eat it! Thai's eat noodles with chopsticks but I tried and failed miserably. I would have starved if I tried to eat like that. I finally wrapped the noodles around the fork like spaghetti and just ate it. I used the spoon for the broth. It tasted good and we all laughed a lot.

No comments: