Friday, January 16, 2009

Electricity~~~~







I am thankful to be in a pretty modern city where air conditioning is all around:) I haven't had any problems with my electricity either. You can't plug too many things in at one time but overall it seems to work pretty well. What amazes me about the electricity is the power lines. I will post a few pictures of them. There are so many lines all twisted together and wrapped around one another that I don't even understand how it works. I also would never want to be the one fixing the problem. I don't know how you would get to 1 line to fix it without having to deal with the 50 others around it. It seems to work here but it is a mystery to me!!






I visited Sripatum University yesterday and it was a great experience. It took me over an hour to get there though although it probably isn't that far away. I had to ride the sky train to the end of the line and then get on the bus---my first bus experience. Thankfully I was with a Thai lady who helped me through it all. It is a chaotic situation. All of these buses come so quickly and stop long enough for you to step on and off it goes--what an experience! The traffic is heavy at that time (around 3) so it took almost 45 minutes or more on the bus to get to the Univ. I practiced my Thai on the campus with a few students and got a tour of the facility. I plan to go once a week to visit with the students in a informal environment. I won't do any teaching or anything like that until I am finished with language school.






No comments: