Saturday, January 10, 2009

Week-end Market--if you can't find it there it doesn't exsist!

Today I journeyed to a different part of the city. I actually met up with an old friend of mine that I went to elementary school with in Michigan. She and her husband have lived here for a little over a year. She works for a big company that makes hard drives. It is amazing that someone who I went to elem school with in a small town in Michigan lives off of the same road in Bangkok, Thailand!

We met up for lunch today and then they took me to the week-end market. I went on my first subway ride and now have a map so I can figure that system out. Now I can check off 2 transporation systems that I feel comfortable riding---I haven't attempted the bus system yet--yikes!!

How can I describe the week-end market--it is a bunch of outisde stands and then a bunch of stands that is covered with a tent like covering. You go all around and can find just about anything. You can bargain for any of it. They sell flowers, books, music, clothes, pottery, furniture, the list goes on and on---they even sell animals! you can buy fish, birds, snakes, turtles, rabbits, mice, dogs, cats, and these little things that look like baby squirrels. some of the puppies are so cute but don't worry I left the market buying nothing! I really went for the experience. I didn't need anything right now.

I also got to see another great park. I have been to 2 amazing parks so far and there are so many more. The park I went to yesterday is perfect for exercising. It is pretty large and I can run around the full circle and it is 1.6 miles. The atmosphere is so calming also. I will try to get some pictures on here at a later time for you to see. The park that I went to tonight was much smaller but so neat. They all have beautiful fountains.

I will continue to post some pictures on my blog but it is very time consuming to load them on here so if you want to see a lot of pictures of Thailand you need to go on my facebook page. I have a whole album on there. Sorry for those of you who don't have facebook but it takes too much time to load pictures on here.

I guess that is all for now. There are so many fun places to tell about and you will just have to use your imaginations to think about what they would look like because it is so hard to describe.

No comments: