Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Feeling Spoiled and here comes the "hot season"

I have been feeling a little bit spoiled and guilty at the same time if that makes sense. I have a wonderful Thai lady who comes to my apartment on Monday, Wed., and Thurs. to clean my apartment and do my laundry. It is the deal that came along with my apartment here for 3 months. There is actually a washer and a dryer on this compound so it is all done within a few hours. Just so you know--very few Thai's have a dryer. Most people have washing machines and then hang their clothes out to dry. It feels a little strange to me that someone does these things for me. I am very thankful and will enjoy it while I live here for 3 months because once I move into my other apartment I will be doing it myself:)

When I arrived 2 weeks ago the weather was quite nice. It was in the 80's or so during the day with a nice breeze and I just used my overhead fans at night. It is starting to warm up! I have been turning my air on for a little bit each day. It isn't too bad yet but it is coming and I am trying to prepare for it! Once it gets here there are many months of it. I believe that April is the hottest-- so if it is just going to be Feb. and it is pretty warm -- I can only imagine what the future holds!! I will let you know!

1 comment:

danabrown said...

I am officially jealous of you. You are warm and have a laundry lady... NOT FAIR.