Monday, January 19, 2009

Lots of Celebrations


The decorations are going up for the Chinese New Year-January 26th. I taught 2nd grade in Virginia for several years and one thing that I taught about was China and the Chinese New Year. Although I am not in China it looks like they are going to go all out on the decorations. I will get more pictures throughout the week as they continue to decorate. There are a lot of Chinese people living in Thailand so I am sure the celebration will be big.
Today I started my 2nd week of language. I continue to learn phrases and am getting a little more confident at using some of them:) The tone thing is really hard. I know all 5 of them but trying to remember when to use them and listening for which one people are saying is a different story. I'm going to need a lot of prayer!!

No comments: