Monday, January 12, 2009

Morning exercise in Lumphini Park







I have almost been here a week and I now have somewhat of a schedule!! I got up around 7 a.m. this morning and went to Lumphini Park to exercise. I have to walk about 12 min. on this above ground walk way to get there. I will post a few pictures on here but have a whole album on facebook. This park is huge. lots of people go there to exercise or just relax. You can follow a road path around the park in a complete circle which is approx. 1.6 miles. The park is right in the city yet it is quiet and seems separate from the city although you can see the tall skyscrapers all around as you exercise. I love going there to exercise and hope to go there many times just to relax. This is the perfect time of the year to go there because it isn't "hot" yet.

Today I also had my first Thai lesson with my tutor. It was good. I am not sure that I am a very fast learner but I'm trying. I learned 9 vowel sounds today (there are 24) and I learned 7 consonant sounds (there are 44). Some of the sounds I learned today don't exsist in the English language so I am trying to make my tongue move but it doesn't want to do it. I am writing a few things on line and then I will study. I am really excited about learning Thai!

No comments: