Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I arrived!!

I arrived last night (Tuesday) around 10 p.m. After 28 hours of travelling and very little sleep I got to my apartment around 11 or later and couldn't sleep so I unpacked my things and took a shower and went to bed around 2 a.m. I guess my body is still on US time because at 7 a.m. I awoke and was ready to go! I will post some pictures tomorrow of what my temporary apartment looks like. It is where I will be living for the first 3 months while I am in language school.

Today was my first day to explore and it was lots of fun. I got a cell phone, hair dryer, and curling iron. I learned how to ride the sky train and even took 1 trip by myself and walked back to my apartment without getting lost:)

The city is huge! I have never seen so many buildings! There are some great shopping malls here (if you like to shop come and visit). The malls are many floors and are amazing. I am sure I only saw a small part of the city today and most of the time I had no idea where I was or how to get to another place. I am sure I will get it with time.

Stay tuned for pictures tomorrow!

1 comment:

danabrown said...

I can't wait to see pictures! You are so great at getting out and navigating your way around new places, I've always been envious of that, you know Dana Brown would have been lost around the block, haha! Please take pictures of the malls and show us those too!