Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pro's and Con's to living here!

We will start with the positive first:)

*There are so many fun things to do!
*There are so many great things and places to see!
*There are tons of great restaurants!
*Most of the food is cheap!!
*I love the sky train (subway is good too)!
*Almost every day is sunny (at least for right now)
*There are tons of great parks here!
*You get lots of exercise just walking everywhere (some people would not like that but I love exercise)!
*I live right in the heart of the city!
*The people are very kind!
*Many people speak English!
*You can get almost anything that you can buy in America.
*There are many people that need to be reached with the Gospel!

There are always a few things that aren't the same as "home"
*It is quite hot here and getting hotter!!
*There is a ton of traffic (although I don't drive so it doesn't really bother me)
*You can't find Dr. Pepper anywhere here--i do miss it a little:)
*American products are very very expensive here! Example-box of cereal $7.00. I don't buy cereal.
*Some of the food is too spicy and too "unique" for me. "unique" refers to jellyfish, squid, bugs, etc.
* I can only buy a few things at a time from the grocery store because I have to carry them to walk home.

I really do love it here and every day is a new adventure! I continue to meet more people and have many Thai friends. It is hard to believe that I have now been here only 3 weeks. It has been a busy 3 weeks. I've made many new Thai and American friends. I have learned several phrases in Thai without looking at my book for help. I have been to many different parts of the city. I feel very blessed and remind myself daily to keep my eyes focused on the Lord because He has great plans for me.

No comments: