Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fun day on the river and in Chinatown









































Today I went on my first journey down the river. They call them "water taxi's". It is an experience. You cram as many people as possible on one of them and hang on for your life if you are one of the last people on the boat. It was my first time going somewhere in the city that the sky train or subway doesn't take you. You can only ride the sky train to the river and then you must take a water taxi up to some of the major sights of the city. We started out at N1 and rode it until we got to N8. N8 takes you to Wat Po. We toured around to see the many statues of Buddha. There are many other things to see but we wanted to see Chinatown so we went there next. The Chinese New Year begins on Monday. I am trying to ask around to find a place to go and see the fireworks. We walked around for several hours and then finally ate some dinner. I will have to take many more trips up the river to explore!! There is so much to see and do here. I don't know if 2 years will be long enough!


1 comment:

danabrown said...

Please don't stay any longer!